Publishing ClayHR Positions to Indeed
Indeed-ClayHR integration allows you to publish positions directly from ClayHR ATS to Indeed.
Note: YOU DO NOT NEED to have an account in Indeed to be able to publish your open positions in Indeed, and benefit from their reach and distribution. Your new positions will be published on Indeed after 24 hours.
To be able to publish your positions directly in Indeed, please check that the following details are in place:
- Ensure all your open positions are published within ClayHR: Indeed will not honor your ClayHR-Indeed's Integration unless ALL your open positions - that you might have already published on your own website, for instance - are also created and published through ClayHR's ATS.
- Location details: Your company locations need to specify the following fields: city, state, zip, and country. For example, if the company location only has "HQ" as the name, but no other details, then Indeed may not be able to identify the actual location.
- Email Address: In your Job Board configuration, you have specified a working email address as the point of contact for Indeed.
- Indeed Terms and Conditions: And finally, double-check that the Indeed terms and conditions check box on the Job Board Configuration page is checked.
That's it! Be ready to accept all those wonderful candidates from Indeed, which will be clearly marked with the Source of Indeed.
*All open positions will be published in Indeed. Publication of positions in Indeed is not position-specific.
Indeed Guidelines for Positions
ClayHR enables you to post a position to Indeed. So, follow these guidelines to make sure your publicly published positions are posted successfully on Indeed.
No Test Positions
Do not add words like “Test” or “Testing” in any positions that you intend to publish publicly.
Incorrect: Software Developer Test
Correct: Software Developer
Do Not Include Location in Position Title
Do not add the location in the Position name.
Incorrect: Software Developer Detroit
Correct: Software Developer
Location should be added in the Location field for position details.
Specify Remote Positions Appropriately
For handling remote positions, add a new Location from Setup menu.
Go to Setup menu → Organization Setup → Organization Details → Company Locations → New Location → Add Location Name and Description → In City Field, Add the Word “Remote” → Add State → Add the Country → Save
Once this remote location is created by you, you can select this from the drop down list shown in position details.
Add proper position description and requirements
The description added in the position should properly define the job and should not be left empty. Similarly, The requirements added in the position should define the expected minimal requirements for applying for the job.
Using legal customer name
While publishing the position, Indeed uses the legal name of the customer to map out the positions of the customers and publish them on their country-specific portals.
So, having the wrong customer name in the organization's details can affect the job reach.
Don’t ask for PII in Screening Questions
The Application form defined in the position is also sent to Indeed along with the position information.
So, refrain from having questions in the application form that ask for things like “Driving License Number, Social Security Number” etc.
Use only supported item types when defining the application form for the position.
As the application form defined in the position is also sent to Indeed along with the position information, so we have to make sure that our application form consists of only those item types which are supported by Indeed.
The item types are:
- Multiple Answers.
- File upload.
- For your information(FYI)
Not all of our item types can be converted to indeed-specific types so, these are skipped and not sent to the indeed.