Create a new site admin
Here are the steps to manually create a new site admin:
- Firstly, you need to create a new user record. If the site admin is already a user, you can skip this step.
- Go to the "People" top menu, and click on "Directory"
- Click on "New Person".
- Fill in the basic fields of "First Name", "Last Name" and "Email address" so profile will be created.
- "Short Name" will automatically be generated for you, but you can edit it to your convenience.
- "Notify User" field: If notify user is selected, the system will send immediately an email to the user with their login credentials. If 'Notify user" is not selected the system will not send any login credentials yet. You will be able to do this at a later date. Read more here on how to send user notifications later.
- Click "Add User"
- Go to the newly created employee record.
- Click on the Admin tab, and in the right hand side column, click on "Add to Site Admins" group.
Voila, now you have a new site admin to help you manage the system!