How to create benefits for the user
Employee benefits encompass perks and support provided by employers.
- To create new benefits for users, select Benefits Administration from the Benefits tab.
- Click on New Benefit on the Benefits Home page.
- A new page will open with New Benefits as the title. Fill in all the respective fields that are required.
Plan code- It should be a unique code for every benefit created whose value can be alphabet, numbers, or a combination of both. It is a mandatory field.
Name- Name of the benefit to be created. It is a mandatory field.
Employee Cost/Contribution- Contribution of the employee in the benefit relative to total cost. It is a mandatory field.
Employer Cost/Contribution- Contribution of the employer in the benefit relative to total cost. It is a mandatory field.
Cost/Contribution varies by employee- If the benefit’s cost contribution is uniform to all employees or it varies from employee to employee. It is a mandatory field.
Benefit Type- List of types of benefits. We need to select the most suitable type of benefit for the created benefit. It is a mandatory field.
Coverage Type- It tells us who can be covered by this benefit. It is a mandatory field.
Start & End Date- Period for which the benefit will be active.
Time in the organization is- It is an eligibility criterion. In detail, it filters out employees based on their duration of employment in the organization.
- You can set the benefit assignment based on the employee's eligibility.
- After creating the benefit, click on the Save Benefit button.
- To assign a benefit to the user, refer to this article.