Sample of Onboarding Workflows
Onboarding | New Hire: Welcome (Sample Onboarding Workflow)
- Phase: First Day at the Job: BASIC SETUP
- Meeting with HR Manager: Complete any paperwork, understand HR policies and benefits
- Meeting with IT for equipment and basic set up: Receive your laptop, cell phone, and basic software|applications accounts
- Meet your company buddy: He once was new as well! He/She will answer all your questions!
- Tour of Office Premises with your buddy: Know your way around and where to find freshly brewed coffee!
- Phase: First Day at the Job: TEAM AGENDA
- Welcome meeting with your manager: You made it here! Let's get started!
- Lunch with your new team: Start building all those key relationships with your team right from the start
- Phase: First Week at the Job Agenda
- Strategy meeting with your manager: Overview of where you fit within the team, the department, the company the overall company's vision
- Performance expectation meeting with your manager: Understand what is critical for your success in the team and the company
- Team building event: Let's have some fun, while you get to know the team a little better
- Specific training: Functional | Security | ...
- Phase: Paper Work First Week on the Job
- Sign the I9: I9
- Sign the W2: W2
Onboarding | HR Manager: New Employee Onboarding Workflow (Sample Onboarding Workflow)
- Phase: IT Set up: Hardware and System Setup
- Software Systems Setup: Including Email accounts, phone extension, and enable access to key applications like ClayHR
- Setup Workstation: Computer, cells, and other devices: Assign assets to a new employee in ClayHR System
- Office Keys/access codes/Datawatch cards: Have access to premises ready
- Phase: HR Manager Tasks: Employee Policy
- Email Check: Verify the user email
- Employee Handbook: Send a mail with Employee Handbook as an attachment.
- Document Signature: Send and collect all needed onboarding paperwork like Non-Disclosure Agreements
- New Hire Training: Including Systems, Security, etc
- Benefit Package Selection: Review the benefits offer and select the package that you want to enroll
- Phase: Team Manager Tasks: Welcome to Office
- Welcome Mail: Send welcome mail to the new joinee.
- Introduction Mail: Send an introduction mail to all members.
- Premises Tour: Make sure new employee has a tour to the premises so he/she feels at home as soon as possible
- First-week meeting agenda: Make sure the employee has time to meet not only his/her immediate team but introduce them to key players in other departments and teams in the organization. Help the employee establish relationships early for a quick and fun onboarding process!
Hope this helps :)