Linking LDAP with ClayHR
- Getting information from LDAP
a. Log in to your LDAP server account.
b. Click on the directory structure.
c. Copy the directory structure of users.
- Setup LDAP in Third Party Integrations
a. Linking LDAP in your ClayHR account
1. Go to the top right “Setup” menu and scroll down then click on “Third Party Integrations”: Setup-> Third Party Integrations.
2. On the Third Party Integrations page, click on the button “New Integration” and choose “SSO” and select “LDAP”.
3. Fill the hostname as ldap://<hostname>
4. Fill the admin username and password in username and password field respectively
5. Fill the directory structure in the appid field
Now ClayHR will invoke the LDAP to validate users credentials. User’s passwords are not relevant in this case, and while the users can still click on “Forgot Password” to generate their ClayHR password, or attempt to change those, the password itself is not relevant.